Occupational Therapy (OT) focuses on improving or maintaining people’s function and assisting people to reach their potential. At Total Health Orange, we work with both children and adults with an array of difficulties or disabilities.
OT for Children
Our focus is on helping children to reach their full developmental potential through play-based therapy.
All of our therapists work with children with a range of difficulties. Our therapy includes:
- Developmental screens
- Attention and concentration
- Dressing and play skills
- School readiness
- Fine motor skills (handwriting, utensils use, buttons, in-hand coordination)
- Gross motor skills (hopping, skipping, jumping, coordination, strength and balance)
- Sensory processing difficulties
- ADL's (Activities of Daily Living)
- Assistance with shopping, money and routines
- Therapy for children with a range of disabilities
And much more
Our Therapists always work with the children, their families and educators to develop clear goals that are centred around what is most important to the family. They can offer a range of services including:
- Formal and informal assessments
- Individual sessions
- Group therapy
- Home programs
- Home or school visits
- Regular consultation with schools, doctors, carers, support workers and case managers.
OT for Young Adults and Adolescents
When working with young adults and adolescents are services include:
- Functional capacity assessments
- Assistance with ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) – including establishing routines, dressing, toileting, showering, general hygiene, preparing meals, cleaning, shopping assistance and managing money.
- Pain relief and mood: a combination of techniques are used to decrease pain, increase energy and motivation and in turn improve mood and affect. This can range from sports injuries to people with hypermobility, contractures or a loss of sensation.
OT for Adults
When working with adults through to the elderly we provide a range of services including:
- Functional capacity assessments
- Assistance with improving independence with activities of daily living. For example, showering, eating, dressing, toileting and preparing meals. This could include task analysis and/or equipment prescription.
- Pain Relief
- Home safety and falls prevention assessments
Pain Relief Therapy
We use a combination of Occupational Therapy, Key Therapy, SCENAR Therapy and soft tissue work in the clinic to assist people to reduce or eliminate pain and restore health and function.
Key Therapy and SCENAR Therapy are variations of Non-Invasive Neuro Stimulation. This style of therapy has been used by health professionals for many years and is continually growing in popularity due to its effectiveness.
Sarah, our principle therapist, was trained in 2002 and is, therefore, one of the longest standing and most experienced therapists in Australia. Sarah treats clients at Total Health Orange and also offers training and supervision to upcoming therapists wishing to work in this field.
Sarah's therapy is gentle, does not involve the use of drugs, needles or manipulations and is safe for all age groups with a range of health concerns. It assists to improve blood circulation, restore function and can perform passive muscle stimulation where needed.
This style of therapy is able to assist you to restore function if you have:
- Chronic pain
- Acute pain
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Lack of energy
- Low immune system
- Allergies and hay fever
- Loss of strength and range of movement
- Oedema (swelling)
- Hormone issues
- Poor sleep
- Headaches and migraines
- Digestive issues
Clients are also able to treat themselves in the comfort of their own home by purchasing a Sanakey. Sanakey is a user friendly home device that enables you to achieve faster results for the whole family. Sarah is a registered reseller of the Sanakey and also provides training on how to get the best out of your device.
Central West Foot and Ankle Clinic’s principle Podiatrist, Mike Curtain will be offering services from Total Health Orange every Wednesday.
For more information or to book an appointment please visit their website:www.cwfootandankle.com.au Or phone: (02) 6334 2389